As the Covid-19 pandemic continues, the CLASS project keeps advancing and adapting to the unprecedented circumstances. Our partners have managed to find ways to make progress in their technical tasks, while we keep our intense efforts to communicate the project’s activities. Despite the various effects of remote working and digital meetings, CLASS, along with so many other projects in the European ecosystem, has been up for a challenge!
Here are a few things we’ve been up to during the last months:
- Our technology was selected by the European Commission’s Innovation Radar among the most highly innovative EU projects and we could not be more proud! The innovation entry of CLASS is titled “A software architecture ecosystem for distributing big-data workloads along the compute continuum while providing real-time guarantees”. Read the full news text here.
- We have published a number of technical news pieces, written by our partners, that showcase the latest developments in the technical aspects of the project:
- The (online) integration and testing of use-case big data analytics methods by Maria A. Serrano from BSC
- Edge-sensor and information viewer: A CLASS car sample (with a demo video) by Roberto Cavicchioli from UNIMORE
- Managing multiple Edge and Cloud clusters with Rotterdam by Roi Fucasas Font from Atos
- We have participated in the following events and we are also planning to join the key Smart City Live 2020 conference:
- Our project has received press coverage, while our coordinator Eduardo Quiñones featured in the HiPEAC Info magazine with an interview:
- Modena deploys ‘roaming sensors’ in connected car pilot, published in Automotive World
- "Around the corner” with Eduardo Quiñones: on smart transport and citiesCLASS and ELASTICWhen Cyber meets Physical, published in the HiPEAC Info issue 60 (p. 16)
Our next digital “F2F” meeting is coming up next week too and we could not be more excited to come together, even if it is virtually, to discuss about the partners’ progress on the integration of the different software components and the final phase of the project, including the final dissemination event. Stay tuned!